H600 / SA2600 Series
Features & Benefits
- Revolutionary DPX™ Live RF spectrum display technology with DPX Spectrum Mask provides intuitive understanding of live RF signals using colors based on frequency of occurrence, processing up to 10,000 spectrums/sec with a 100% Probability of Intercept (POI) to capture pulsed signals, radar emissions, hopping signals, and any other intermittent signals with a minimum duration as brief as 125 µs
- Benchtop spectrum analyzer performance in a ruggedized handheld battery-operated field unit offers better than 70 dB spurious free dynamic range (SFDR), guaranteed = -95 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset phase noise specifications from 10 kHz to 6.2 GHz
- Excellent sensitivity for detecting very low-level signals with -153 dBm DANL at 10 Hz RBW (equivalent to -163 dBm/Hz) such as RF bugs and unauthorized transmitters
- Spectrum Correlation Function (SCF) finds "embedded" signals or interferers that hide under other wideband signals
- LAN interface for remote control and unattended monitoring stations for spectrum awareness
- Spectral Correlation Function (SCF) measurement provides fast signal-identification capability
- Built-in classification capability for WLAN, GSM, W-CDMA, CDMA, ATSC signals makes quick and simple identification of legitimate signals
- Flexibility to edit, upgrade, and share signal databases and signal classification database using CSV file formats
- Ability to export I/Q data into CSV, MATLAB®, and IQT format for additional post-analysis
- Rapid targeting of signals with field-proven signal hunting, mapping, and documentation tools
- Hunt outdoor signals with built-in GPS receiver by plotting measurements directly into GPS geo-referenced maps such as Pitney Bowes Mapinfo, Google™ Earth, Microsoft® MapPoint®, Bitmap, and many others
- Improved spectrum awareness with high-accuracy measurement synchronization and time stamping
- Hunt in-building signals with a single-touch Tap-and-Walk-and-Tap interface
- Backlit display, viewable in direct sunlight, and extended battery performance with hot-swappable dual batteries
- Rugged design per MIL-PRF-28800F
- Spectrum Management
- Spectrum Monitoring and Surveillance
- Interference Detection and Troubleshooting
- Signal Hunting
- Signal Identification
- Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
- Homeland Security
Interference Troubleshootinghas Never Been so Easy
The H600 and SA2600 Series will quickly scan the RF environment, classify the known signals, and help you locate the unknown signals with their field-proven signal hunting tools. Featuring real-time DPX™ Live RF spectrum display technology, the H600 and SA2600 Series offer practical solutions for discovering transient events that slip past conventional spectrum analyzers. With field-ready, rugged hardware featuring outstanding displayed average noise level (DANL), spurious free dynamic range (SFDR), phase noise, and easy LAN networking capability in a handheld unit, the H600 and SA2600 Series are a great choice for general-purpose spectrum measurements and ideal signal-hunting tools.
Evolving digital RF communication standards pose an unprecedented challenge to the surveillance and security community. Identification of unknown signals and determining their precise location has traditionally been accomplished using a combination of lab-grade spectrum analyzers, handheld spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and offline analysis capabilities using PCs. When lab equipment is used in the field, several limitations appear. Such instruments are not meant for field use, can be easily damaged, are not portable, and require AC power. Signal classification using these systems often requires a lot of prior knowledge about these signals, particularly when they are digital. With such systems the unknown signals can be difficult or impossible to identify.
By scanning the RF spectrum users can spot which signal emitters are in the area. Signals with significant power are usually candidates for further analysis, as are signals that are present infrequently. By color-coding events based on the rate of occurrence, the DPX™ Live RF spectrum display provides unparalleled insight into the behavior of signals. Performing 10,000 spectrum updates per second, transients as brief as 125 µs can be “frozen” in the frequency domain. This offers tremendous improvement over swept analysis techniques.
Signals that are present in the spectrum today but were not there yesterday are of particular interest. Reference signals can be stored and deviations from this reference can be quickly identified using the trace math feature. The H600 and SA2600 Series make analysis easier by quickly logging signals that are weak, bursting, hopping, time multiplexed, or intentionally random. It takes advantage of the FFT-based spectrum analysis capability to allow users to see the true shape of the signal, even when it is bursting. Masks can be automatically created from traces captured earlier. You can compare this mask to the current trace and if a mask violation occurs, the trace is logged. Finally, when the spectrogram is paused, you can scroll through the spectrogram’s time axis and view the results.
Once signals of interest are found, it becomes necessary to identify and classify each of them. Are they authorized, legal signals, or are they illegitimate, malicious signals? Digital signal classification can be a particularly difficult part of the signal hunter’s job requiring extensive knowledge of signal characteristics. The signal may be weak, subject to fading or intermittent conditions. In addition antenna position may be suboptimal. All of this makes classification of signals more challenging when using traditional signal identification tools. The H600 Series and SA2600 Series with Option SC1 provide advanced algorithms that are capable of classifying signals that cannot be analyzed with other methods.
The H600 Series and SA2600 Series with Option SC1 offer unique expert systems guidance to aid the user in classifying signals. It provides graphical tools that allow users to quickly create a spectral region of interest, enabling users to identify and sort signals efficiently. The spectral profile mask, when overlaid on top of a trace, provides signal shape guidance while frequency, bandwidth, channel number, and location are displayed allowing for quick checks. In-depth analysis is provided by a Spectral Correlation Function (SCF) measurement which will reveal hidden cyclo-stationary components. SCF provides information on how well the framing, time slot, chip rates, and other internal signal rates match the rates of a valid signal. It is faster than manual signal identification techniques, does not require prior knowledge of the signal, and is robust when working with poor signals. SCF tolerates a poor SNR, large carrier frequency offset and fading.
Once the signal has been identified as a threat, the H600 and SA2600 Series provide various field-proven signal hunting tools to locate the offending signals. For the easier-to-find signals, the signal strength meter produces tones that vary with pitch as a function of the strength of this signal. This allows the operator to look for signals while watching their surroundings, not the screen.
Locate interference with integrated mapping solution
For signals that are harder to find, such as signals influenced by multipath, fading, low signal strength, etc, the H600 and SA2600 Series provide several signal mapping tools to facilitate hunting for these signals. Analyzing mapped signals is a quick way to find signals that can be difficult to find otherwise. The mapping capability is also a way to document what you have found. Traces can be recorded on a map either manually or automatically. Built-in GPS can be used to automatically record signal position and time data as the operator moves. For indoor use, a unique tap-and-walk interface provides signal mapping capability. Color-coded icons automatically record the relevant measurements based on preset thresholds for acceptability.
Performance You Can Count On
Depend on Tektronix to provide you with performance you can count on. In addition to industry-leading service and support, this product comes backed by a three-year warranty as standard.